Saturday 12 February 2011

Preview: the week ahead (14th-20th Feb)

Maybe I'm lacking some information here, but I only have three gigs in my calendar for this week? Oh my, why not.

Wednesday
Oh No Oh My at Café Zapata: Sweet indie pop. Café Zapata is an unusual venue for this one but don't be deterred by going to an unfamiliar place. If you like your indie music to be twee, this is for you.

Saturday
Burn Pilot at Schokoladen: From Bielefeld? Really. The sound of this three-piece really reminds me of Bad Brains; I'm not sure if this is what they were going for.

Sunday
Kayo Dot at Levee: This is slow-building experimental music from New York. To me, this is more art performance than music per se but who's to tell which is which. Levee is the new name for the Bang Bang Club. I don't know why.

1 comment:

  1. ich weiß zB. noch von:

    14.02. Azure Ray im Comet

    19.02. GENESIS BREYER P- ORRIDGE, TONY CONRAD UND MORISSON EDLEY, Hau 2

    19.02. Duran Duran Duran, Dj Donna Summer, 8rolek, Debmaster, Tsar Poloz im Raum 20

    20.02. Die Goldenen Zitronen, F.S.K., Kristof Schreuf und diese beschissenen 1000 Robota im HAU

    ReplyDelete