Sunday 16 October 2011

c*s november highlights

Autumn is knocking on our doors, soon Everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather. And I've got my mind set on some top events coming up this coming month. Oh yes baby, I'll be polishing those dancing shoes.

(Click on the band names for video links)

Dum Dum Girls - The girls really convinced us last time round. Pop music the way pop music should be and of which I cannot get enough!

Iceage - Rhythmic punk rock noise and not one to miss if you like to rock out, the way we do. This gig is actually a triple bill with Strange Forces and Sun Worship. Oh yes.

U.S. Girls - Experimental one-girl project from which I was buzzing days after the gig last time. I cannot wait to be mesmerised by this lady once again.

Sightings - Noise the way noise should be: rhythmic and loud. I need my fix and these boys will give it to me.

Retox - Speaking of noise. New project by Justin Pearson (Locust, Some Girls, etc) and friends and just as clever as all his previous endeavours. Cannot wait.

JEFF The Brotherhood - Rock'n'Roll. I'm a fan and you know that by now. Read the previous review and join my club.


The Kills - Their biggest venue in Berlin to date this time round but I just love thee and I will go anyway, with a heavy heart. Great songs and great performers and that's still what a good band is about. Previous review for your info.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, the Iceage show has been cancelled due to health issues. :(

    ReplyDelete