Sunday 15 January 2012

Senses overload

I went to White Trash Fast Food on Friday night to watch The Sun And The Wolf perform upstairs in the restaurant. I am not that big a WTFF fan, so usually you wouldn't see me wait for a table for over 1,5 hours in that place. But our friend has recently joined the band on bass, and we were looking forward to a fun night, eating burgers while watching the band.

Well, all I can say, after my bad experiences at the JEFF The Brotherhood show, this wasn't that much better. The place was over-packed, the waiting times silly, the pole dancer mediocre, the DJ okayish. For me personally, call me an old fart, this was alltogether too much. Everywhere you look in this place, you are being overloaded with moving images: be it the blinking picture of a dog, a band onstage, a big TV showing old films, the pole dancer in the window, the skimpily dressed waiters. You don't get a rest. 

It was a wild and fun night out, but this tourist trap is and will always be overrated. Truly.

BTW, while the classic rock that TSATW play is not necessarily my kind of thing, a few songs exceeded my expectations by far. Interesting. They are playing at Bassy soon; I may just go and give them another shot in a more appropriate setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment