Thursday 27 December 2012

J.'s top of 2012


So for the first time ever I kept notes during the year whenever I attended a show that I thought was especially good. I don't want to sort them in a particular order but let's just say the first couple of shows on the list were my definite highlights. All in all this was a very good live concert year for me, I hope the next one can somehow live up to that...

  • Codeine, Festsaal Kreuzberg: My definite highlight of the year. One of my favorite bands, absolutely great show and an evening spent with friends.
  • Beak>, Berghain Kantine and Bi Nuu: One of my bands of the year. I absolute love their record(s) and the shows were both very good.
  • Deerhoof, Festsaal Kreuzberg: Seeing a band for the third time over some years and still be blown away, you know they just do something right.
  • Death Grips, Festsaal Kreuzberg: They're hyped for a reason, very intense show and amazing band.
  • Black Dice and Silver Apples, Festsaal Kreuzberg: Awesome show somewhere between sick and weird, dancy and crazy. 
  • Carla Bozulich, Ausland / Evangelista, Berghain Kantine / Mysticats (Carla Bozulich, Aidan Baker, Jhno), bei Roy: Three different projects of Carla Bozulich, every one a bit different but also very good in it's own way. Hope she/they will be back soon.
  • Father Murphy (+ Mysticats), bei Roy: The nicest guys and an evening with two bands that were simply amazing. 
  • Excepter, West Germany: I was really looking forward to finally see them live for the first time and I was not disappointed afterwards.
  • Peaking Lights, Festsaal Kreuzberg: A band that's musically very good + has a cool attitude towards the things they do = good concert.
  • Liars, Festsaal Kreuzberg: Another example of a band that I already saw a couple of times but that still keeps on being just great.
  • Dagora, bei Roy: a total surprise, very free jazzy experimental stuff and I was blown away of how good they were. Sadly there were hardly and other people attending the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment